London - A 72-year-old man in Britain has been convicted of abusing his three daughters over a period of 20 years, up to the early 1990s, fathering two children with one of them, it was reported Tuesday.
The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons to protect the identity of his children, was convicted Monday at the High Court in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The court heard that he repeatedly raped the girls between 1976 and 1993, beginning when one was just eight years old.
One daughter, whom he threatened to shoot, gave birth to their first child when she was 17 and a second when she was 23.
The case came to light after one of the victims, now all adults, reported their ordeal to the police.
Their mother, 62, was also accused of abusing the girls but the prosecution accepted her pleas of not guilty, it was reported.
The man is due to be sentenced next month. (dpa)
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone