After a resident of Victoria Nursing Home in Anson Road, Rusholme, died of internal injuries, an inquest was launched into the matter to find out the reason behind it.
Police was called by a staff member at the facility as 73-year-old Ivan Emmanuel Campbell was found injured in April last year. It emerged that the man was murdered by anyone at the facility and inquest into the same was launched.
A 34-year-old staff member from the facility has been arrested by the police as they found him guilty of assaulting Campbell, which caused him to suffer from broken rib. The incident occurred on March 19 last year.
The investigation into the murder is still underway and involves Manchester City Council, the NHS, Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust and the Care Quality Commission (CQC). A month after the death of the man, CQC inspected the place and found that people at the facility were not completely protected from abuse and exploitation.
The home delivers services to 21 residents with medical and mental health conditions. "From the outset we were determined to establish what happened to Ivan and who was responsible for causing his injuries and that remains as true today as it did then", said Andy Tattersall from the Greater Manchester Police.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone