Jennifer Lopez signs a deal with Universal Media Studios
NBC Universal's division Universal Media Studios struck a deal with Jennifer Lopez and her company Nuyorican Productions signing them for a two year contract on first look television development deal. Via this deal, the NBC aims to come up with a series of television projects unique in its content. The proposed project was announced by NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios co-chairman Ben Silverman.
On this occasion, the co-chairman of the company said that they have been fortunate to work with the star on her music specials and the deal signed holds a wonderful opportunity for them to tap the untapped reservoir of outstanding television. Silverman further added that, “Lopez is a multi-faceted superstar and we are thrilled to be in business with her”.
Jennifer’s firm Nuyorican Productions was founded by her along with producer Simon fields in 2003. The company directs as well as produces various feature films and television serials catering to mainstream as well as Latino audiences. The singer cum actor’s company is credited for the film Shall We Dance that fetched them $170 million worldwide and the political thriller, Bordertown that featured Lopez herself. The star who was also happy on the alliance said that, "Universal Media Studio is the perfect home for Nuyorican, and I look forward to a successful, creative partnership."
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept