Solyndra signs long-term sales contract worth $320 million with Carlisle Energy
Fremont-based Solyndra Inc. has signed a long-term sales contract worth $320 million with Carlisle Energy Services for solar panels.
The solar panels for these contracts will be manufactured at Solyndra's facilities in Fremont and Milpitas, CA.
Carlisle Energy is a newly formed division of Carlisle Construction Materials headquartered in Carlisle, PA. The multi-year deal adds to Solyndra's previously announced order backlog.
Carlisle installs insulated cool roofs, made of highly reflective and emissive materials, which lowers daytime air conditioning electricity usage by reflecting away sunlight and heat.
Solyndra designs and manufactures photovoltaic systems, comprised of panels and mounting hardware, for the commercial rooftop market.
Headquartered in Fremont, CA, Solyndra operates a state-of-the-art 300,000-square-foot fully automated manufacturing complex.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept