Lincoln to Join Lavish Hybrid Bazaar
This fall, Ford Motor Co. is planning to launch its foremost Lincoln hybrid which is a gas electric edition of the 2011 Lincoln MKZ and will become a player in the petite market for extravagant hybrids.
The hybrid MKZ is set to be introduced on Wednesday at the New York International Auto Show. It is going to be the most fuel proficient sedan in the market, with an estimation to get 41 miles for each gallon in city driving. By contrast, the Lexus HS 250h gets only 35 miles for each gallon.
Though Lexus, Cadillac and Mercedes Benz also sell luxury hybrids, but their sales have been meek. According to AutoData Corp., Lexus' best-selling hybrid, the RX 450h wagon, had entire sales of 14,464 the previous year, down 5 percent from the year previous to that. An auto market analyst for HIS Global Insight, Rebecca Lindland said that hybrid sales yet make up less than 3% of the market whereas luxury sales make up a meager 12%.
Hybrids are not assumed to be the ultimate performing vehicles, due to which many luxury purchasers give up their thought on buying these cars.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept