3 Unveils ‘In Car Wi-Fi’ Kit
Broadband provider, 3 has introduced its new, In Car Wi-Fi service at The Gadget Show in Birmingham.
It's a car kit that offers Wi-Fi to the passengers in a vehicle to be able to view YouTube videos, and access other web services during the journey.
Consumers are able to build a personal Wi-Fi hotspot to link to the internet on Wi-Fi enabled devices like the iPod Touch, Nintendo DSi XL and netbooks.
David Kerrigan, Head of Internet Services at 3, said that the broadband provider is continually looking at new products and services to connect customers in more places both at home and on the move.
He added that their survey recommends that more than 25% of the people are interested in having the internet facility in their cars, with families and travelling work associates showing keen interest.
"Mobile workers can check traffic information and email on route to a meeting and kids can social network or download tracks to an iPod Touch while on a road trip".
The 'In Car Wi-Fi' kit comes at a price of £59.99 with 1GB of data and consists of a MiFi Huawei wireless modem, a mains charger, in-car charger, windscreen holder and 1GB of data.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept