OPEC oil price falls by half a dollar
Vienna - The price for oil produced by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) fell by 0.52 dollars Wednesday, ending a rally in which the cartel's basket price had gained nearly 13 dollars since December 24.
One barrel (159 litres) of OPEC-produced crude stood at 45.75 dollars Wednesday, the Vienna-based organization announced Thursday.
OPEC calculates an average price based on 12 brands produced by its members. Indonesia suspended its membership as of January 1, as the country has become a net importer of oil. (dpa)
United Kingdom News
- UK electric car adoption pace not quick enough to meet government targets: Study
- Honda, KTM, Piaggio & Yamaha set up swappable battery consortium
- ACC to receive €437 million to build battery gigafactory
- European plug-in car registrations jump 237% year-over-year in Q2 2021
- Zapp i300 e-scooter available in Germany, with price tag of €6,300