Walk to Raise Awareness about Organ Donations
As per reports, it has been revealed that a walk was being organized on Sunday at Occoquan to raise awareness about organ, eye and tissue donations. The race is an annual affair for last three years and with every passing year, it has been able to attract more people.
John Ogden, who is the manger of public affairs and community education for the Washington Regional Transplant Community (WRTC), was of the view that about 2,000 people have been waiting for organ transplant in the region.
Not only this, but there are more than 114,000 people, who have been waiting for an organ transplant and more than 18 people die while waiting for a suitable organ donor.
There is a need to raise awareness about organ transplant, and the race is thought to be a perfect medium to convey the message. Ogden thinks that it is very important to make people realize that they have a lot of potential in them and can help people to save their lives.
"The race is about raising awareness of the desperate need for organ, eye and tissue donations”, said Ogden. He further affirmed that the race will act as a medium to dispel many misconceptions in regard to the subject.
United Kingdom News
- Mass market crucial for Macau Casino Industry’s recovery: Bernstein Analysts
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research