pSivida Corporation Gets Marketing Approvals of Iluvien Drug in Spain
As per recent reports, it has been revealed that pSivida Corporation has received approval from the Spanish Agency of Drugs and Medical Devices to market its eye treatment Iluvien in Spain.
The Watertown based company has targeted seven European countries, where it wanted to launch its eye treatment drug meant for chronic diabetic macular edema. Spain is the sixth country out of the seven European countries being targeted by pSivida Corporation.
The treatment is meant for people who have not been benefitted from other treatments. Spain is not the only country, where the drug has been approved. Austria, Portugal, the United Kingdom, Germany and France are other countries where pSivida Corporation has already received the needed approvals for the drug.
There are a number of thing in the pipeline of the company. The company officials said that certain concerns were raised by the FDA about the drug. They are going to resubmit a New Drug Application for the drug in the initial months of 2013.
"We are pleased that Iluvien has now been granted marketing authorisations in six of the seven EU countries in which approval has been sought and look forward to its commercial launch", said CEO of pSivida, Dr. Paul Ashton.
United Kingdom News
- Mass market crucial for Macau Casino Industry’s recovery: Bernstein Analysts
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research