Live Update: Apple Stock Pushes Nasdaq Lower
Apple shares dropped heavily after three major brokerage houses downgraded the stock. The stock was down by 5.5% at 12.55 PM EDT at $467. Bank of America, Credit Suisse Group and UBS AG downgraded the stock. Credit Suisse downgraded Apple Inc. from Outperform to Neutral. Bank of America also downgraded the stock to Neutral rating from Buy. The analysts were concerned about the performance of the company as the technology giant introduced iPhone 5C.
Apple iPhone 5C has been priced at $730 in China. The phone will cost $549 for entry level 16GB model. Apple will also discontinue iPhone 5. Analysts were expecting the company to reduce the price of iPhone by a much bigger figure. Android phones are having better sales in the smartphone market. With Microsoft buying Nokia, the software major is expected to increase its presence in mobile devices market.
Dow Jones Industrial Average was up by 0.6% at 15,281. Nasdaq Composite was down by 0.2% at 3722. Benchmark crude was higher by 55 cents to $107.94 per barrel.
United Kingdom News
- Tesla’s all-electric Model Y earns 5-star score in NHTSA crash tests
- Fresh $1 billion investment to provide big boost to Canyon’s 4-wheeled electric pedal car concept
- Chinese ‘Tesla clone’ EV startup Xpeng starts delivering electric SUVs to Europe
- GRIDSERVE opens first solar-powered fully electric vehicle service station in Braintree, Essex
- Danish parliament approves plan to bring at least 775,000 electric cars on roads by 2030