Tissue Regeneration is now possible in Mice with help of Stem Cells
The mature cells had been prepared by the scientists in Spain. These cells will help mice to live back their young and versatile days. The discovery is in its initial steps and is not possible to predict its effects in human beings.
Stem cells are undeveloped cells that distinguish between specialized cells. These cells help in maintaining the human body.
A cluster of four genes were introduced into adult cells in a lab dish. It was observed that the cells moved back to their baby state.
A genetically-modified mouse was created and was having the four "Yamanaka genes". This was done by Manuel Serrano and Maria Abad of the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre and his team.
Cells those are present in the rodents' kidney, stomach, intestine and pancreas showed the indications of being reprogrammed that is can move back to embryonic stage. Serrano told that this reproduction can also be carried out in a living tissue and not just in the lab dish.
The clusters of tumors were formed in the animals. These tumors are the benchmark of the flexibility of an experimental stem cell. To convey the clinical benefits along with preventing the major problems is the major challenge is the main aim of the study.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept