Apple’s latest iPhone models hit Russian markets
A recent report in Russian daily Vedomosti has revealed that the carriers in the country have officially started selling the latest Apple iPhones - the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C - on Friday; but, the buyers of the handsets will not be able to use the handsets on Russia's fastest 4G network.
Confirming the Vedomosti report, an industry insider said that Apple website's list for countries with 4G availability currently does not feature Russia. Apple is apparently blocking the leading Russian telecom firms from offering 4G accessibility to the users of the latest iPhones.
With the rollout of 4G networks using long-term evolution (LTE) having been commenced recently by Russia carriers, Sberbank CIB analyst Anna Lepetukhina said that Apple is seemingly apprehensive about the effectiveness of the new services in the country.
Meanwhile, it is worth noting that both the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C handsets operate on 4G networks in North America as well as a number of European and Asian countries, where they became available in September.
Nonetheless, with the new iPhones now having hit the Russian market, the country's bigwig operators - including Mobile TeleSystems, VimpelCom, and MegaFon have announced deals to commence their sales of the handsets.
United Kingdom News
- BGO Entertainment to sell customer list & domain before leaving U.K. market
- Chinese EV maker XPeng sells more than 10,000 units in October 2021
- Ashok Leyland in search of right investors for EV business
- China’s Autoflight successfully completes first flight of autonomous V1500M eVTOL aircraft
- German EV startup Sono Motors files for U.S. IPO, seeking valuation of over $1 billion