Snapchat photo-swapping app adds ‘Replay’ function and ‘smart’ filters
Popular `disappearing messages' service Snapchat has recently released an updated version which brings on some interesting new features, including the `Replay' function and `smart' filters.
With the photo-swapping Snapchat app chiefly being popular due to the fact that each photo is supposedly deleted after it has been viewed, the introduction of the `Replay' feature gives the users the ability to view a photo a second time before it is deleted forever.
Snapchat's move to introduce the `Replay' feature via the latest update underscores the service's recognition of the users' apparent desire to have a second viewing of the photos they like. However, although `Replay' is a great new feature for second viewing of photos, it comes with the limitation of `one photo per user per day.'
The other new feature which the Snapchat update brings along is `smart' filters which essentially add metadata to the users' snaps. The Weather Channel provides the temperature, which is superimposed on the photo; while another filter adds the speed at which users are traveling. Moreover, there are three photo filters now available: black and white, sepia, and a vintage look.
Noting that the latest Snapchat update is not a huge upgrade, Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel told The Verge: "We just decided as a holiday present to the Snapchat community that we would put out a couple things we thought were fun."
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept