US postage stamp featuring Steve Jobs will likely be released in 2015
The Washington Post has uncovered a highly-sensitive US government document which reveals that Apple's late co-founder will probably by among one of the distinguished individuals to feature in a future lineup of US postage stamps.
According to The Washington Post report, the Steve Jobs stamp will be one of the collectible postage stamps which will be released in 2015. The stamp is presently at a "design development" stage; with the final design of the stamp to depict Jobs - who passed away in October 2011 - yet to be decided.
The document on which The Washington Post's revelation is based comes from the Citizens' Stamp Advisory Committee, which is an agency that shoulders the responsibility of evaluating the merits of all stamp proposals."
The leaked list of future US postage stamps obtained by the Post reveals that there several stamps which have been approved for the year 2015 depict 'Science Fiction' writers. Steve Jobs is the only eminent personality from the tech arena featuring on the list of stamps planned through 2016.
Meanwhile, some of the other future US postal stamp designs which are noteworthy include stamps featuring Harvey Milk, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, James Brown, Johnny Carson, Wilt Chamberlain, Michael Jackson, Charlton Heston, George W. Bush, George H. W. Bush, and Barack Obama.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept