Samsung expected to unveil Galaxy S5 handset at MWC next week
South Korean electronics giant Samsung is expected to unveil its new flagship handset - the high-end Galaxy S5 smartphone - at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain, next week.
For the much-speculated unveiling of the Galaxy S5, Samsung has sent out invitations to the media for its 'Unpacked 5' event. Samsung will be holding that event on the inaugural day of the MWC trade show, which is scheduled to be held from February 24 to February 27, 2014.
In its invites to the members of the press, Samsung has announced that it is holding "a global launch event of our new flagship product in 2014." Despite the fact that the company has not divulged the name of its "new flagship device," it will most certainly be the Galaxy S5 handset.
The soon-to-be-unveiled Galaxy S5 smartphone will, as per rumors, be equipped with some notable Apple-fighting features, including a fingerprint scanner and a bigger display, to attract high-end smartphone users.
According to some of the details disclosed by unidentified sources familiar with the product, the Galaxy S5 will seemingly have a fingerprint scanner on its home button; and the size of the device's its full HD screen will be 5.24 inches.
Moreover, the Samsung Galaxy S5 handset will apparently be encased in a water- and dust-proof case, and it will feature a 16-megapixel camera.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept