MWC 2014 kicks off on Feb. 24; some prominent mobile devices to be unveiled at the show
The Mobile World Conference (MWC) 2014 is scheduled to kick off in Barcelona, Spain, on Monday, February 24. Most of the leading players in the mobile technology sector - except Apple and Google - are expected to make some significant announcements at the forthcoming event.
Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG, and Nokia will be among the bigwig companies which will mark their presence at the 2014 MWC when it gets underway on Monday. Although some companies will not apparently announce new devices at the show itself, the event will nonetheless unfold the opportunity for media to try out recently-announced smartphones and tablets.
The 2014 MWC is expected to witness only a few announcements related to high-end devices. However, the ones which will likely be announced will underscore prominent announcement in the mobile arena.
The show will largely be dominated by leading mobile-device manufacturer Samsung; with the company most certainly expected to introduce its new flagship Galaxy S5 handset during its Monday-scheduled 'Unpacked 5' event.
Among the other mobile-device makers, HTC will probably unveil an update to its popular One handset; Sony may introduce a refresh of the Z1 in the form of the D6503 Sirius smartphone; LG will likely announce specifications of its new G2 Mini; and Nokia may unveil its Nokia X handset at the forthcoming show.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept