Samsung set to unveil Galaxy S5 handset at MWC 2014
At the Mobile World Conference (MWC) 2014 in Barcelona, Spain, bigwig South Korean device make Samsung Electronics will take the wraps off its new flagship handset - the Galaxy S5 smartphone.
Samsung is scheduled to introduce the Galaxy S5 on the opening day of the MWC 2014 on Monday, February 24. The new smartphone will apparently be unveiled at the 'Samsung unPacked 5' event, for which Samsung has sent out invitations to the media.
According to the rumors which have been making rounds of late, some of the noteworthy features of the new Samsung Galaxy S5 handset include a 5.24-inch, full high-definition screen; a 16-megapixel camera; and a fingerprint scanner on the home button. The handset will reportedly have a water- and dust-proof case, which will probably be a metallic one.
The launch of the Galaxy S5 at the MWC event will mark a departure of sorts for Samsung in so far as introducing its new flagship device is concerned. With Samsung having held a glitzy New York City launch event for the Galaxy S4 last year, the forthcoming MWC launch of Galaxy S5 underscores the company's new emphasis on costs.
Meanwhile, prior to the commencement of the proceedings at the MWC 2014 event, Samsung has also introduced the second-generation version of its Galaxy Gear smartwatch --- a pair of new watches dubbed Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept