Detroit's All New 'Sports and Entertainment' District’s Plans Revealed
Detroit Red Wings will have its home ground among the five "new neighbourhoods" which are going to be spruced up with a large number of new offices, residential apartments, and other buildings for mixed-use which have a possibility of opening up by the summer of 2017, says the billionaire family which has control over most of the land.
Information and pictures were publicly revealed on Sunday, by the Olympia Development of Michigan. It is the driving force behind the development project planned for $650 million which would revamp an area covering 45 blocks located on the northern border of downtown.
The real estate division of Michael and Marian Ilitch, the co-founders Little Caesars Pizza of Detroit, is actually the Olympia Development. Michael Ilitch is also the owner of the Detroit Red Wings as well as the Detroit Tigers. Marian Ilitch is the owner of MotorCity Casino Hotel.
Olympia has declared that it would speed up the process of planning for the construction and would also make an effort to start several projects in sync so as to allow them to
go online as quickly as possible. The construction process could begin even in September.
United Kingdom News
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept
- British online casino games developer Playtech to make charitable donation worth £3.5 million
- VIP Gamblers remain devoted to gambling hub Macau but fail to bolster gross gaming revenue
- COVID-19 lockdown pushes online casino searches to 'all-time’ high