Reports say Microsoft Willing to Render Financial Support to Potential Yahoo Buyers
Yahoo has kept its options open for a sale while its CEO makes efforts to turnaround the troubled company.
According to reports, Microsoft Corp's executives are discussing matters with the likely Yahoo Inc buyers about financial contributions as long as the company can maintain positive relations with the Internet firm. Microsoft is reportedly telling investors that they can get monetary backing for Yahoo bids. Reportedly, Yahoo's board is seeking minimum $10 billion bid for its core Internet business.
Although reports surface that, Microsoft executives have been in talks with private equity firms that are considering over bids for buying Yahoo proposing to lend funds to back their offers but the company so far has not committed anything particular to any investor so far. Yahoo's email service, website still has millions of steady users and subscribers which could be a valuable addition to Microsoft.
Investor and shareholder pressure on Yahoo is growing to sell its core business rather than considering a spinoff splitting the company from its huge stakes in Yahoo Japan and Alibaba Group.
In the last few years, the once agile Sunnyvale, California technology company has been losing competition to Facebook and Google.
United Kingdom News
- Estimated delivery dates for both Tesla Model S trims pushed back by several months
- AC Cars to deliver Series 1 Cobra Roadster with new electric powertrain
- Bigger battery-equipped MG5 EV delivers longer 250-mile range
- XPeng shares aggressive pricing for new P5 sedan, undercutting Tesla Model 3 by $14k
- Association of British Insurers wants electric vehicles to replace written-off gas-powered cars