Samsung unveils Gear S3 smartwatch
At the IFA event this week, South Korean device manufacturer Samsung unveiled its Gear S3 smartwatch. The new smartwatch comes with a number of noteworthy new features, thereby unfolding a significant enhancement over the already potent Gear S2 smartwatch.
In unveiling the new Gear S3 smartwatch, Samsung said that the device - which will likely hit the markets by the end of 2016 - will be available in two models --- the Gear S3 Classic; and the Gear S3 Frontier.
The hardware of both Gear S3 Classic and Gear S3 Frontier models will be the same inside. However, the Classic model will be a Wi-Fi-only variant of the Gear S3 smartwatch, while the Frontier model will be offered with LTE.
Though Samsung has not yet divulged the pricing of the two Gear S3 smartwatch models, the Classic model will be available for purchase from Samsung. com, as well as Amazon, Best Buy, and Macy's; whereas the Frontier model will be available on AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.
Some of the key features of both the new Gear S3 smartwatch models include a 1.3-inch display, dual-core processor, 768MB of RAM, Bluetooth 4.2, 380mAh batteries, rotating bezel, wireless charging, GPS, Samsung Pay support, IP68 water resistance, and Samsung's Tizen OS.
The Gear S3, like its predecessor Gear S2, will compatible with any Android device with more than 1.5GB of RAM and running Android OS version 4.4 KitKat or higher; with Apple's iOS platform also to support the Gear S3 in due course.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept