Top Silicon Valley executives to attend meeting with Donald Trump
According to a Re/code report, invitations were sent out last week to the some of the most prominent executives of the Silicon Valley, for a meeting with President-elect Donald Trump.
The invitations were signed by Jared Kushner -- Trump's son-in-law and adviser -- as well as Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, and billionaire tech investor Peter Thiel.
As per the Re/code report, based on the information shared by unidentified sources over the weekend, tech industry executives who are likely to attend the meeting with Trump Tim Cook, CEO of Apple; Larry Page, CEO of Alphabet; Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft; Brian Krzanich, CEO of Intel; and Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook.
In addition, Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins, Oracle co-CEO Safra Catz, and IBM CEO Ginni Rometty would also be attending the meeting. Two other likely attendees at the meeting are Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, and Tesla/SpaceX CEO Elon Musk.
Meanwhile, about the meeting with Trump, Oracle CEO Catz, confirming his attendance, said in a statement: "I plan to tell the President-Elect that we are with him and will help in any way we can. If he can reform the tax code, reduce regulation and negotiate better trade deals, the U. S. technology industry will be stronger and more competitive than ever."
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept