Seat Tarraco PHEV SUV will be showcased at IAA
Spanish Volkswagen subsidiary Seat has announced that it will soon introduce a plug-in hybrid variant of the Tarraco SUV model.
According to the announcement, the Tarraco model outfitted with a plug-in hybrid drive will be called the Seat Tarraco FR PHEV. The vehicle -- a petrol-electric SUV -- will be premiered by Seat at the upcoming IAA event.
The orders for the soon-to-be-introduced Seat Tarraco FR PHEV will likely be opened in early 2020. The cost of the vehicle has not been quoted yet.
Going by the details shared by Seat, the plug-in powertrain of the Tarraco FR PHEV comes mainly from Volkswagen’s Passat GTE, but with a higher system power. For comparison, the Passat GTE has 160 kW system output, whereas the Tarraco FR PHEV will have 180 kW system output.
Due to the high system output of the Tarraco FR PHEV, Seat has opted for a sportier design for the vehicle. With regard to the technical data, Seat has revealed that the PHEV will be equipped with a 13 kWh battery pack, an 85 kW electric motor, and a petrol engine with 110 kW power output. The high-voltage accumulator of the vehicle will have a capacity of 13 kWh.
The expected WLTP driving range of the Tarraco PHEV is nearly 50 km. However, the exact figures of the PHEV’s range have not been officially disclosed by Seat because the vehicle has not yet been homologated.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept