Hamburger Hochbahn floats tender for purchase of 530 electric buses
German public transport provider Hamburger Hochbahn is planning to purchase 530 units of electric buses between 2021 and 2025. The purchase will mark the next generation of the electric buses to be used by the company which plans to order only emission-free vehicles from 2020 onwards.
For the purchase of the electric buses, Hamburger Hochbahn has launched a Europe-wide tender, seeking proposals from interested electric bus suppliers. The company has also announced the details related to the technical specifications of the electric buses it requires.
According to the tender published by Hamburger Hochbahn, one of the most crucial aspects affecting the selection of the new electric bus models is the expected driving range of the buses. The company is looking for a 200 km range, though it will initially consider a 150 km range for the first 50 articulated buses because of higher weight.
In its specifications for electric buses, Hamburger Hochbahn has left open the tactical option of procuring buses that are pure hydrogen vehicles or the buses with fuel cells as range extenders.
Nonetheless, in the invitation to the electric-bus tender, Hamburger Hochbahn has clearly specified that the electric buses should have the capability to avail overnight charging in the depot. The company has also added alongside that “offers are also welcome which, in addition to the depot shop, also allow ‘opportunity charging’ (charging at the terminal stops) in order to increase the range.”
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept