Evergrande cooperates with Benteler and FEV to advance its EV plans
According to Chinese media reports, the country’s renowned real estate group Evergrande is cooperating with two German companies to advance its ambitious electric vehicle (EV) plans.
The reports have revealed that the two German partners of Evergrande’s electric car subsidiary NEVS are Paderborn-based supplier Benteler and Aachen-based development service provider FEV Group.
The partnership with Benteler and FEV will enable Evergrande to gain access to an EV platform, thereby shortening its research and development (R&D) cycle for EVs by nearly three years. Evergrande and its NEVS subsidiary will be able to use the expertise from Benteler and FEV for materializing their plans to commence EV production as early as possible.
Evergrande’s cooperation agreement with Benteler involves the transfer of the intellectual property of Benteler’s world-class “3.0 chassis architecture” to the Chinese group. The cooperation will apparently promote further development of the ‘Electric Drive System 2.0’ which was presented by Benteler in April 2019, at the Shanghai Auto Show.
The details with regard to Evergrande’s cooperation agreement with FEV are not yet clearly known. FEV initially developed combustion engines, but, in recent years, the company’s focus has increasingly shifted to the development of new drive technologies. FEV is presently active in over 40 countries, and has efforts underway to expand its competencies to include body construction and overall vehicle development.
United Kingdom News
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept
- British online casino games developer Playtech to make charitable donation worth £3.5 million
- VIP Gamblers remain devoted to gambling hub Macau but fail to bolster gross gaming revenue
- COVID-19 lockdown pushes online casino searches to 'all-time’ high