Daimler’s Smart brand reveals ‘new-generation’ EQ models
German automaker Daimler’s Smart brand has released the first few images of the revised, ‘new-generation’ models of its EQ electric car lineup -- the EQ Fortwo, the EQ Fortwo Cabrio, and the EQ Forfour. The revised Smart EQ models will be debuted at the upcoming IAA event.
The Fortwo and Forfour models have been available only as electric models for some time now. The revised versions of these models come with notable design upgrades, but feature the same powertrain as the previous versions.
Hence, Smart is describing the revised Fortwo, Fortwo Cabrio, and Forfour as ‘new generation’ models only because of the refreshed design.
The key design changes in the revised Fortwo, Fortwo Cabrio, and Forfour models include a new ornamental trim for the radiator grille, slightly modified headlights, fenders painted in the same colour as the car, and the ‘Smart’ logo on the hood. The new models will also boast a bunch of connectivity features.
With the powertrain of the revised Fortwo, Fortwo Cabrio, and Forfour models remaining unchanged, the vehicles are outfitted with a 17.6 kWh battery pack, a rear-mounted electric motor capable of 60 kW output, and a driving range of between 140 km and 159 km (NEDC) depending on the model. The top speed of the vehicles will be 130 km/h, and they will be available with an optional 22 kW onboard charger which was introduced by Smart in 2018.
United Kingdom News
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept
- British online casino games developer Playtech to make charitable donation worth £3.5 million
- VIP Gamblers remain devoted to gambling hub Macau but fail to bolster gross gaming revenue
- COVID-19 lockdown pushes online casino searches to 'all-time’ high