Perrigo acquires Unico Holdings for $ 49 million
Perrigo Co., a leading drug manufacturer has acquired Unico Holdings for $49 million in cash to expand its line of health care products.
Unico, based in Lake Worth, Florida, is privately held and makes pediatric electrolytes, enemas and feminine hygiene products for retail customers in the U.S.
The acquisition is expected to add nearly $50 million of annual sales in the first year, according to a statement by Perrigo.
Allegan, Michigan-based Perrigo through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), and consumer products worldwide.
The Company's primary markets and locations of manufacturing facilities are the United States, Israel, Mexico and the United Kingdom.
Last month, the company acquired Laboratories Mexico-based Diba, S.A for approximately $25 million in cash.
United Kingdom News
- William Hill to merge online and retail divisions with Phil Walker in-charge
- BGC impressed by steps taken by UK casinos, disappointed by Government’s response
- Stephen Cohen reappointed as Commissioner of the Gambling Commission
- Online Sports Bettors don’t turn to Online Casinos during absence of sports: Research
- Blueprint Gaming launches Rhino Rampage video slot with new bonus feature concept